Author Topic: Judge Dredd with SM:Privateers?  (Read 1878 times)

Offline ninja

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Dust, Death and a D100
Judge Dredd with SM:Privateers?
« on: February 22, 2017, 10:40:03 AM »
Hey all,

Been a while since I posted anything here, but now I have a question that I thought I'd put to forum. I'm going to run some Judge Dredd using SM:Privateers for system, and I was wondering if anyone else had tried it and if so, what your experience of and thoughts on it might be?

Many thanks!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Judge Dredd with SM:Privateers?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:42:23 PM »
Apart from having a good knowledge of the setting, I think the most important thing would be to set the Tech levels.  Having some of the fantasy stuff to handle things like Judge Death might be useful as well.
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein

Offline ninja

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Dust, Death and a D100
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 02:02:14 PM »
Apart from having a good knowledge of the setting, I think the most important thing would be to set the Tech levels.  Having some of the fantasy stuff to handle things like Judge Death might be useful as well.

Thanks for the input Jolt!

Yeah the Tech Levels really are shifting from area to area. The setting for example has some really advanced forms of transportation while Dredd seldom uses energy weapons except with the Lawmaster cannon.

We'll see if it comes down to actually bringing in the Dark Judges this time, pitty the characters if I do, but it would certainly be immensely cool.

Are there any rules for mutants/mutations in the published material?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 01:58:06 AM »
I think Cyberspace would be the best option for Judge Dredd - mix in the SM psion & robot stuff; maybe RM creature stuff for the mutants.I'm not well versed on the SM:P system to comment on it.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax