Author Topic: HARP Core Rules on Drivethru Issue  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Ryhope Wood

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
HARP Core Rules on Drivethru Issue
« on: March 15, 2017, 09:58:33 AM »
Hi there

Recently I decided to pay for the soft cover B&W edition of the HARP Core rulebook to be sent to me.  I've had the PDF for a number of years already.  It duly arrived a week later and looks very nice.  However, I noticed a problem with the master skills table (no subterfuge skills heading in the table) and checked the errata on this forum and then my own latest PDF.  A few minutes later I realised that the printed version, which was done in only the last couple of weeks, is hopelessly inconsistent with the latest revised PDF file.  It must be a very old file that undoubtedly predates all the corrections on the errata thread. I'm disappointed and surprised that the print versions of the rules are not based on the latest version of the PDF (which was last updated in 2013, almost 4 years ago). 

I feel very much cheated as the print version cost me £20+.  I would have been better off printing the PDF at home.

This is not the way to value your customers.

Ian

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: HARP Core Rules on Drivethru Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 02:06:31 PM »
Our apologies. This is not intentional. I need to check the proof masters - digital and physical - to see where the discrepancies are and whether the synchronisation problem is at our end or elsewhere.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Ryhope Wood

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 02:35:56 PM »
Thanks Nicholas.  I also reported this to Drive Thru and they were going to arrange for me to receive a corrected version.  I was just so surprised it happened.

Offline Ryhope Wood

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 04:10:38 PM »
Hi Nicholas

Drive Thru have asked for some images from the printed book.  I have sent them with screenshots from PDF for comparison.  If you don't receive them via Drive Thru or need anymore then let me know.  I don't know how to insert them into posts.

Ian

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 04:28:00 PM »
Something crazy has occurred. When I download a copy of the pdf, I get a version that has the error in the master skills table of subterfuge lacking a heading. I have made the printed books temporarily unavailable while we and OneBookShelf figure out what is going on.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Ryhope Wood

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 04:36:01 PM »
Hi Nicholas

I am totally confused right now, and I might well owe you an apology.  As a belt and braces check, I re-downloaded the PDF from Drive Thru.  I assume this is the latest version. It does now look like the printed book in terms of layout, but the confusing thing is that the missing Subterfuge heading from the Master Skills table is still missing.  I am sure that was one of the first things identified and fixed on the errata thread.

Sorry, Ian

Offline Ryhope Wood

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 04:37:08 PM »
Hi Nicholas

Apologies, I see I posted a message to the thread at the same time you replied.  I'll wait to here from you.

Best wishes,

Ian

Offline Bravesteel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Protect those who cannot protect themselves.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 11:44:09 AM »
Any update on this issue?  I'm looking forward to order hard copies of all the HARP books.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 03:27:32 PM »
At some level, there isn't an issue in that the original poster was looking at an old version of the pdf.

However, I have sent a collated list of typos and similar minor stuff to Terry who will make the changes and we will then update the pdf and the print copies.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Bravesteel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Protect those who cannot protect themselves.
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 08:22:01 AM »
At some level, there isn't an issue in that the original poster was looking at an old version of the pdf.

However, I have sent a collated list of typos and similar minor stuff to Terry who will make the changes and we will then update the pdf and the print copies.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Alright, I can certainly wait as I already broke and decided to check out Rolemaster Classic in the interim.  Thanks for the update!

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 03:48:17 PM »
Is there an ETA on POD returning to OBS? I want to pick up some copies for my group!
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 05:01:38 PM »
I need Terry to complete the adjustments to the pdf and print masters and then the print masters have to go through the proof copy procedure. It will probably take several weeks for the whole process.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 07:14:34 AM »
A hopefully errata-free pdf has been uploaded to OneBookShelf. Please download at your convenience.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Oobiedoobie

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 12:32:06 PM »
Hello!

I was today on RPGNow.com looking to buy the HARP core book in paper format. I have a pdf already, but want a paper version for when it´s my turn to GM (some time late this year).

How far has the process come in printing new paper books?

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 01:39:39 PM »
Hello!

I was today on RPGNow.com looking to buy the HARP core book in paper format. I have a pdf already, but want a paper version for when it´s my turn to GM (some time late this year).

How far has the process come in printing new paper books?

It should be back now in print .

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Oobiedoobie

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 12:38:12 PM »
Thanks for the quick response!

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 06:18:51 PM »
I plan to buy print copies as soon as I can afford them - the PDFs will work for now but I like the dead tree kind to read & for my players to use in game. I am glad that the print versions will be up to date.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax