Author Topic: ARCANE ALCHEMY TATTOO  (Read 1225 times)

Offline juza

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ARCANE ALCHEMY TATTOO
« on: March 21, 2017, 06:09:25 AM »
I developed a desert elf culture. They are very primitive, arcane magic users and live wondering through the desert. Because of their primitive technological and cultural level an Alchemy profession doesn't suit well to them so I think to create a sort of alchemy tattoo artist that will use arcane magic. The simpler way is that tattoo will work as a rune, so it will works only one time in live, but what if make it work with charges, at will or permanent effect? That will be very unbalancing? which spell list should tattoo artists use? Of course imbedding list, but also organic or inorganic skills lists for enchanting the colours?
Any suggestion?

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
Re: ARCANE ALCHEMY TATTOO
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 08:18:34 AM »
I may be mistaken, but didn't one of the RoCos have a Tattoo spell list?

Or was it on the Guild Companion?

Off to search...

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 09:37:39 AM »
"Organism skills", first edited in the RoCo. V, p48, chapter 7.4.2., then into the Alc.C., p108, chapter 8.2.2.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline juza

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 02:54:25 AM »
Thank you very much guys, Organism skills is a very useful spell list.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:00:21 AM »
If you have access to RM2's Alchemy Companion, you can probably get some great ideas from it and substitute words in the spell lists for "ink" or "tattoo needle" so on.

"Imbue metal with +5 property"  "Imbue tattoo needle with +5 property"

It's fun book to have.
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline juza

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 07:39:07 AM »
Thank you Spectre771, unfortunatelly I don't have Alchemy Companion, but I'm sure I can find it somewhere.