Author Topic: Withdrawing from melee  (Read 4299 times)

Offline Tywyll

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Withdrawing from melee
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 04:57:24 AM »
It does make Tumbling useful. I also considered allowing a feint, an opposed check for 1 AP that might succeed (but might fail). I haven't tried implementing that one yet, though, and it could slow down the combat by introducing more rolls.

What would oppose it?

I was thinking of the opponent's weapon skill for whatever weapon the opponent had out.
Okay that makes sense. High roll wins?

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 10:39:44 AM »

Okay that makes sense. High roll wins?

Yes. If mover wins, the defender does not get an opportunity to attack. If defender wins, he gets the opportunity attack.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 10:49:36 AM »
ROLEmaster.... And the the defender can roll again and win a teddybear :D
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline Gauds00

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2017, 07:47:48 PM »
I think is is important to play to the tempo of the game. If it is a large complex battle for example lots of goblins and one flees i have no problem with the pc sucker punching  a gobo with maximum bonuses, just for the sake of speeding up the game, if the foe is fleeing hes already defeated. So everyone is happy. But if the foe is a combat hardened or experienced fighter, i would typically have them tactically withdraw. Snap action parry or attack at -20 while retreating backwards at jog x3 pace no additional bonuses to attack with, this also increases the survivability of the pcs if required. And makes following a retreating foe a potentially dangerous situation, if the EXP hungery PC is prepared to move out of position endangering the rest of the party for personal advantage...   

Sent from my SM-J105Y using Tapatalk