Author Topic: Dumb question about falling  (Read 930 times)

Offline Tywyll

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Dumb question about falling
« on: March 31, 2017, 09:04:47 AM »
Okay, so I'm pretty certain that falling inflicts a Crush attack at +1 per foot fallen.

But for the life of me I can't find that in any versions of RM I have. Can anyone give me a page number and reference for falling? How does it interact with armor and/or DB?

Offline HawksNut

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Go Hawks!!
Re: Dumb question about falling
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 09:10:35 AM »
I can help you on this one. If you have Arms Law FRP or RMSS, go to "Fall Crush" and look at the bottom of the table. In FRP (page 75) but not sure about RMSS. In the footnote it says, "For falls, add 1 to the roll for each foot fallen (other factors may modify this result)".

Offline Tywyll

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »
Thanks, one of my friends just pointed that out.

What about DB? Is that used normally?

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 09:54:24 AM »
If it helps, here's the RMU rule:

Characters can jump or be thrown from heights, fail a climbing maneuver, or otherwise fall. Roll an attack on the falling character on the Crush table, with an Attack size equal to the falling character’s size and an OB of +1 per foot fallen (reduce the falling distance by the height of the character if they deliberately jumped down). Only magical effects apply to one’s DB; Quickness does not help a falling character. However, characters may use the Acrobatics skill to attempt to control the fall; on a Success, the severity of any resulting critical is reduced by one, and by two on an Absolute Success.

The same is true for Acrobatics in RMSS (it's in the skill description). The bit about size can be ignored for previous editions.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Tywyll

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 10:28:24 AM »
Cool, thanks! Too bad monsters don't have a breakdown on their DB!!!