Author Topic: Rogue Profession Bonus  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Tim D

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rogue Profession Bonus
« on: April 09, 2017, 03:11:57 PM »
Does the rogue’s profession bonus of +5 apply to one skill in one of the favoured categories (so just one skill)? Or is it a +5 bonus to one skill in each of the favoured a categories (7 skills in all then)? I am finding the wording  “a +5 bonus to any one skill from their Favored Categories” on p 15 somewhat unclear.

Apols if this has been asked before but I haven't found it anywhere.

Many Thanks

Tim

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rogue Profession Bonus
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 04:13:35 PM »
It applies to only one skill selected from one of the favoured categories.

Offline Tim D

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 01:59:41 AM »
Thanks very much. I guess the advantage of a rogue over say a thief is the wider range of favoured skills. However, if you don;t want to use the mystical arts really then there is little advantage over say a thief.

Tim

Offline Random

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 07:11:33 AM »
Yep.  The real decision is Mystical Arts & Outdoor or Influence & and a free talent.

I did kick around an idea to make both classes a bit more different from each other but that quickly spiraled into nearly every class being changed in some way.  I wouldn't recommend it.

The Rogue is unmatched in it's versatility though.  I went and made a heap of Rouges to introduce some new players to the system.  I ended up with an Archer, a Horseman, a City Watchman, a Burglar, a Shaman's apprentice, a wanta-be Magic user, a Soldier and fairly typical barbarian warrior.

Anyway, my 2 cents

Offline Tim D

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 01:14:59 PM »

Ah, I hadn't twigged that Thieves get influence instead out Outdoor. That does definitely help to differentiate the two.

A barbarian rogue...interesting idea.

Tim

Offline Random

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 05:04:42 PM »
Yeah that one turned out quite well.
Primarily weapons skills (Bastard Sword and Spear) & Endurance with the rest of the skill set reminiscent of a primitive hunter (Tracking, Stalk/Hide, Survival etc)  I think I included Herbcraft, Divination (CoM) and Frenzy (ML) as well fpr a bit of flavor.