Author Topic: Relations to mmorpg Shadow Worlds  (Read 1690 times)

Offline danaher91

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Relations to mmorpg Shadow Worlds
« on: July 03, 2017, 08:21:55 PM »
Hi

I am curious to whether anyone knows of any relations between ICE's Shadow World, and the small mmorpg Shadow Worlds. Currently the server is offline, so i'm unable to provide any links.

Thanks in advance!

Offline danaher91

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Relations to mmorpg Shadow Worlds
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 09:02:24 AM »
If anyone would like to have a look at what i'm talking about, the website mpog.ru is a russian version of the server. as you can see the fonts are similar.
(if you try to play, you need to navigate through the site via russian to create an account and download the game)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:19:12 PM »
If anyone would like to have a look at what i'm talking about, the website mpog.ru is a russian version of the server. as you can see the fonts are similar.
(if you try to play, you need to navigate through the site via russian to create an account and download the game)

Interesting. It is rather pretty. Unfortunately my Russian is very rusty (as in all but forgotten since high school). The term 'Shadow World' is pretty generic, and while I have trademarked it for RPGs, I think this is something different, just like that TV show 'Shadowhunters' is completely different. (Though I did exchange emails with Cassandra Claire many years ago...)

TKA
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Telwyn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 03:10:56 PM »
I keep an eye on the MMORPG scene, this looks very outdated. From the ENG pages there seems to be no resemblance to Rolemaster or the Shadow World setting.