Author Topic: Where are the other Emer books?  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Frunobulax

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Where are the other Emer books?
« on: September 01, 2017, 04:34:09 PM »
On RPGnow.com, only "Emer III" is available.  Yet in other places I find references to "Emer: The Great Continent" (ICE), "Emer Book I: Hæstra and the History of the Emerian Empire". and "Emer Book II: The Northeast" (Eidolon Studios).  Why aren't they available?

I understand that Terry published Emer II under Eidolon, but now that he is working with ICE again, could it not be licensed  and made available?  As for the other two. why can't we buy PDFs?  Especially since Emer seems to be the most detailed area of Kulthea?  It would seem important that they be available...  Thanks!

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Re: Where are the other Emer books?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 06:46:24 PM »
We wanted to release new editions of Emer I and II; the hangup is basically me having time to complete the new editions. Both have been imported into new software and laid out again, and both have some new material done. It will just take some time.

Terry
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Frunobulax

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 09:43:40 PM »
Thanks, Terry.

Offline Frunobulax

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 10:00:32 PM »
Just checked Ebay and Amazon... both books now going for $100 each, darn it!
For what it's worth, I think you guys should spend an hour or two slapping thse babies on the scanner, turning them into PDFs, and putting them on rpgnow for a moderate price.  Even though you plan to update them, it would be a nice short term solution.  You did it with The Iron Wind, after all, and there is literally no other place to get the information locked within.
Just my $0,02....

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 02:45:41 AM »
Jaiman, Emers I & II and Haalkitaine were all available as PDFs, some fully electronic, but they were all taken down (as were Cloudlords and Eidolon, which have since had new editions) when the process to make new editions was started.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Frunobulax

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 03:17:04 PM »
I wonder why?  They could just make a note that newer editions are on the way....

Offline scrufferpops

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 06:16:23 PM »
Hiya, nathan here, from england uk
I love your shadow world stuff Terry,
Been playing in kulthea since around 1992 on and off
i'm gm'ing a kulthea game at the moment in rolemaster frp and we play tomorrow night for the first session
Keep up the great work, cant wait until the new editions of emer 1 and 2 are out!! (hopefully with some gorgeous maps and copious adventures and lairs/temples/
dungeons/complexes) :D
cant wait for emer 4!!! (uj and the southwest)
Emer 3 is FANTASTIC. I have it on pdf AND proper hardback colour book i was so impressed with the pdf. in fact i have every single publication on shadow world
there is. Great setting and ive loved playing and gm-ing in it over the years. cant wait for more :D

I would also like to see a new continent fleshed out, like maybe thuul, that would be awesome

Anyhow, regards and keep up the exemplary work

nathan.

Offline scrufferpops

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 06:20:18 PM »
Just checked Ebay and Amazon... both books now going for $100 each, darn it!
For what it's worth, I think you guys should spend an hour or two slapping thse babies on the scanner, turning them into PDFs, and putting them on rpgnow for a moderate price.  Even though you plan to update them, it would be a nice short term solution.  You did it with The Iron Wind, after all, and there is literally no other place to get the information locked within.
Just my $0,02....

He updated iron wind module? As far as I was aware the only module that has been updated is the tanara one (which I gm'd last year)
I am one of the only people in the world with a hardback colour copy as I had the book custom printed :D
I also have emer 1 and emer 2 in pdf and printed out in folders :D

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 04:11:02 AM »
Hiya, nathan here, from england uk
I love your shadow world stuff Terry,
Been playing in kulthea since around 1992 on and off
i'm gm'ing a kulthea game at the moment in rolemaster frp and we play tomorrow night for the first session
Keep up the great work, cant wait until the new editions of emer 1 and 2 are out!! (hopefully with some gorgeous maps and copious adventures and lairs/temples/
dungeons/complexes) :D
cant wait for emer 4!!! (uj and the southwest)
Emer 3 is FANTASTIC. I have it on pdf AND proper hardback colour book i was so impressed with the pdf. in fact i have every single publication on shadow world
there is. Great setting and ive loved playing and gm-ing in it over the years. cant wait for more :D

I would also like to see a new continent fleshed out, like maybe thuul, that would be awesome

Anyhow, regards and keep up the exemplary work

nathan.

Hi Nathan, please see the upcoming products list on my update thread.

I am glad you liked Emer III so much! Please take a moment to write a review if you can.  :D

Terry
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.