Author Topic: Director's Briefing - December 2017  (Read 1726 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - December 2017
« on: December 07, 2017, 10:06:37 AM »
Welcome

To the seventy-ninth Briefing and the twelfth scheduled Briefing of 2017. November was an unhappy month in terms of me making personal progress in editing or writing, with at every turn some new demand on my time from the day job, usually with incredibly short deadlines.

Dragonmeet 2017

John, Colin and I attended Dragonmeet, running our annual stand. We had some great chats with fans, we sold books and generally had a good time.

What we did not have this year were any games being run by Chris Seal as he could not make the convention (and I really wanted to present him with his author copies of HARP A Wedding in Axebridge in person – his copies are on their way by Royal Mail.) Next year, we will have at least one demo game – I may well GM a game myself.

UK Games Expo

Over the past eleven years, UK Games Expo has grown from a modest event in  2007 of about 1,000 attendees to the 2017 extravaganza of 16,300 unique attendees (30,000+ attendee-days). UK Games Expo caters for roleplayers, boardgamers, card gamers, wargamers, and gamers who defy such categorisation. It is a three day event held in Birmingham in late May/early June, so not as easy for us to organise a full-blown presence but in terms of our growth, it’s the next obvious convention presence. I suspect we are looking at reconnaissance in force for 2018, with a proper stand in 2019 if it looks like it should work for ICE.

HARP A Wedding in Axebridge

The print masters were accepted and HARP A Wedding in Axebridge makes for a slender perfectbound book. Really pleasing. We look forward to publishing further adventure modules in 2018 (with Poseidon Gambit for HARP SF and Garden of Rain for HARP Fantasy at the front of the queue.)

Shadow World

All I have to say is “Keep writing, Terry!”

HARP and HARP SF

All I have to say is “Keep revising Something Wicked, Something Wondrous” and “Keep editing HARP Bestiary” to myself, and “Keep working on HARP Beyond the Veil, HARP Strongholds, HARP Subterfuge, HARP SF Vehicles, Poseidon Gambit, Garden of Rain and Caer Glais” to the other freelancers. Duly refreshed from his break after completing his work on various chapters of HARP Bestiary, Colin has accepted another writing assignment from me, but he has to read himself in first.

RMU

To Joeri and Jonathan, keep fighting those creatures.

Until next time

I am off to heed my own injunctions on editing and revising, so all that remains for me to do is wish you all a very Merry Christmas (or other holiday of your choosing) and a Happy New Year. The next scheduled Briefing will be in January 2018.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - December 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 10:27:29 AM »
I know forward-looking predictions are always perilous, but is RMU on track to be released in 2018?  Are the core books, at least?

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Re: Director's Briefing - December 2017
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 12:20:34 PM »
I'm writing! Jaiman is nearly done! Several other projects are closer to completion than they were...
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.