Author Topic: Winchester, VA or Western Northern Virginia  (Read 5185 times)

Offline Lazvon

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Tarn in HARP
Winchester, VA or Western Northern Virginia
« on: February 12, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »
At least three people seeking other gamers in the Winchester, Virginia area. I can GM if we get only players interested. This is about 35 minutes west of Leesburg, VA out Hwy 7. About 2 hours north of ICE HQ! At least two of us will travel as far as Reston, maybe Fairfax area for the right game/group of folks to game with. :)

Anyway, any Table Top Role Playing Game is fine... ICE games preferred.

HARP, RM2, RMC, RMSS/RMFRP definitely preferred.

Friday evenings, Saturday anytime, Sunday anytime are the preferred days and times.

Feel free to reply or private message.

Thanks!
Jay
Official comments will be between Moderation and End Moderation. Otherwise comments are personal opinion.

"Knowledge comes from crafted bindings and pages... not ones and zeros." -- Rupert Giles

Offline rafmeister

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Winchester, VA or Western Northern Virginia
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 04:13:32 PM »
     There is a group meeting in Rockville, MD. We have people from Delaware, Woodbridge, and Alexandria meeting there. I don't know if there is an easy connecting route, but you are fairly close as the crow flies.

Offline Lazvon

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Tarn in HARP
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 05:39:45 PM »
If only we had a Gyrocopter! Yeah, that's about an hour and a half for us... cutting through the little two lane twisty turner 15 through Point of Rocks, MD. Thanks for letting me know though!
Official comments will be between Moderation and End Moderation. Otherwise comments are personal opinion.

"Knowledge comes from crafted bindings and pages... not ones and zeros." -- Rupert Giles

Offline rafmeister

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 03:58:28 PM »
     Just for some more information, I was contacted by a couple from Fredericksburg, VA. I may be able to get a game going in the Alexandria area. Many GMs, few players... :D

Offline Xyskalla

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 11:58:27 PM »
I'm interested.  I recently moved to Ashburn, VA, which isn't far from Leesburg and I'm looking for a group to play with.

Offline Lazvon

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Tarn in HARP
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 10:26:14 AM »
Cool! I work in Ashburn, VA myself (at AOL, there on the campus at Waxpool & Hwy 28) and without traffic (and using the toll road) it takes 45 minutes to get to our place. Is that reasonable for you? If it is a bit far, I understand. I know if I was in Ashburn myself, I'd be going to The Game Parlor in Chantilly for my gaming fix... just too far for us in Winchester.

Offline Xyskalla

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 03:49:59 PM »
Shiny!  45 minutes is not too far.  I haven't played RM (RM2) since the early 90's since the groups I've joined since then have favored other systems, but I've been seriously jonesing for several years to play again.  Any version of RM you want to play is okay with me.  I'm not familiar with HARP but I'd certainly give it a shot.

I've been to the Game Parlor a few times and can probably make some GP runs for you.  I was pleasantly surprised to see it carries RM material, since the game stores in Ohio (where I'm from) haven't stocked it in quite a few years.  Barbaric, I know.

Of the preferred days and times you mentioned, only Friday evenings and Saturday mornings work for me (I work Saturday afternoon/evening, and Sunday is completely tied up).  Saturdays and Sundays are the only evenings that are completely bad for me.

Offline Lazvon

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Tarn in HARP
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 04:01:01 PM »
Okay, I'll check and see if Friday nights works for the 3rd player we have out our way. I think with three players that would be best. Maybe we could start with a simple RMX and move from there to RM Classic... Hmmm.

Offline Xyskalla

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 04:46:01 PM »
I have the RMC books and a fair amount of RMFRP, and I'm reading both, but I'm kind of a slow reader.  Anyway, whichever version you want to play shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Lazvon

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Tarn in HARP
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 07:28:14 PM »
Checked with our third, and they're not going to be able to make it. I would like to have at least 3 players and the GM myself, otherwise it really isn't much fun. Anyone else interested?

Offline Xyskalla

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 07:24:43 AM »
A woman I work with recently saw me reading RMC CL and asked me if it was like D&D.  She told me her husband and son play D&D but they're currently without a group (they had to move here for her job just like I had to).  She asked me to keep them in mind if I ever needed players.  I doubt they've ever played RM before.  Do you want me to see if they're interested?

They're in the process of buying a house and moving in, so it might not be a good time for them, but if you don't mind complete RM newbs it couldn't hurt to ask them.

Offline Lazvon

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Tarn in HARP
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 12:53:40 PM »
Sure... are they in the Ashburn/Leesburg area? Willing to travel for a game?

Offline rafmeister

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 03:20:59 PM »
Living in Alexandria, I am willing to go to Reston or Herndon. I am not familiar with the road to Ashburn though.

Offline Xyskalla

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 07:16:42 PM »
Sorry I haven't responded earlier.  Between an illness and losing my internet access for several days, it took me longer to respond than it should have.

Anyway, I've spoken to my co-worker's husband.  He's interested, and he implied that his son is, too.  The drive to Winchester doesn't bother him.  He did say he won't be free until April, though, since they're in the process of moving.

And rafmeister, Ashburn is about half-way between Herndon and Leesburg, maybe slightly closer to Leesburg.  267 passes pretty close to where I live, and 7 passes us a bit to the north.