Author Topic: An ICE chat game.  (Read 3576 times)

Offline thiha

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Peace
An ICE chat game.
« on: July 01, 2008, 01:29:01 AM »
Hi,

I'm thinking to hold an online game on ICE chat inside this forum.
(as I guess ICE chat is open for potential online RM/SM/HARP gamers)
Is there anyone interested in?

The problem, however, is...if I do GM, I'd prefer to GM in my native tongue (Jap.)...otherwise, players interested in should be patient with my "odd" English (in return, I promise I'd be definitely patient with your Japanese, ha ha).

Would you like to train your Japanese skill thru RM? Then this game is totally yours!
Any people learning Japanese are totally welcome.

(............but, I bet this recruiting is something like "absurd" difficulty task ;D.)

Offline thiha

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Peace
Re: An ICE chat game.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:21:11 AM »
P.S.

All the description in the following is in case I'd do GM (either in Jap/Eng).

PL seats limitation:  Up to 5 people.

Date/Time to play:  Not decided. It will be set considering participants' convenience as best we can.

Mapping tool:  ScreenMonkey, possibly.

Ruleset: RMSS/FRP

Allowed books : All books included in "RMFRP Mega Value Pack" available at ICE shop (笑) plus as follows.
   - Combat Companion
   - Fantasy Weapon PDF
   - Fire & Ice Addendum
   - Essence Companion
   - Channeling Companion
   - School of Hardknocks
   - Castle & Ruins

World Setting: Generic Fantasy with some oriental and magicpunk atomosphere, plus alignment free (orcs need not be evil). A homebrew setting from scratch, going to be improvised by both PLs and (final settlement by) GM thru sesssions and interval forum postings.

Character Making: As "Player Option", 660 point-buy (RMFRP, p.16), except you assign 330 points to primary stats, and the remaing 330 points to development stats. For potential stats, use the "Player Option", fixed modification (RMFRP, p.17)

Motto: Respect, Tolerance, and Fun.

Offline thiha

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Peace
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 01:35:03 PM »
Rasyr:
(Or anyone who has authority to delete a topic on a due reason:)

Could you please delete this topic?

I've just realized the title of this topic is almost duplicating the other precedent one in this Gamers Seeking Gamers section, and I'm afraid of my opening this topic seems kind of annoying against others.

As I'm GMing RMC sessions online in a Japanese IRC community for tabletop RPG these days, I felt a bit excited when I saw in this forum that someone in the otherside of the globe was going to do the same kind of activity, ...it was something like finding a comrade out of the blue. And further, Rasyr gave a go to playing it on the ICE chat here in the official forum. So I couldn't help give it a tumble...

So no any offense meant, but sorry if I've inconvenienced others here.

Offline Marc R

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 01:44:30 PM »
? You sure you want this topic deleted?
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline thiha

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Peace
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 01:10:30 AM »
Actually, not so sure  :(

I thought, the titles are confusing, the one is "An IRC RMC game" and this one is "An ICE chat game".

And I'm not sure if it is appropriate to recruiting poeple here and play online in the officail ICE chat as I like.
Plus, if it's played in Japanese? It must be a total Greek or Klingon to most of the people here,
(and heck, it was once a hostile language (though t' was over half a century ago) in English speaking countries...)
And it seems people playing online RM/SM/HARP tend to get together at RPGRM.

There's a saying that says "the nail that sticks out will get a pounding".

(Incidentally, I've never seen the ICE chat room used since it was opened, and I thought "oe" roll function was waiting for us there, and it's too "mottainai" to leave the room unused. )

......but, be that as it may, playing RPG by online chat and mapping tool is not bad, and it's worth doing. It's an established way to play tabletop RPGs (at least here in JP. It's very easy to find an online session here, if you don't mind which system to play with).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:17:37 AM by thiha, Reason: oops.... »