Author Topic: Belynar book?  (Read 19447 times)

Offline wlewisiii

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Belynar book?
« on: January 27, 2006, 11:22:07 PM »
I've gotten and read my hardcover and the 1st Gazetteer. Wonderful stuff to put it mildly. This is probably going to be the first setting I use "straight" since I first saw Glorantha too long ago...

However I do find that I really really really want more detail on the city of Belynar. Is there any chance of at least a Gazetteer explaining it's little mysteries and details or, better yet, a book like the old Pavis set for RQ? I'd really like a bit more detail on the undercity before setting any players loose to wreak havok with the Canon/Continuity...  ;D

Speaking of RQ, were any of you thinking Heroquest when you started working up the Ischea/Saena Nightmare materials? It's got Lightbringers all over it... Personally I think this is a good thing, I'm just curious if it was a concious thing or not.

William

ICEman

Re: Belynar book?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 04:51:06 PM »
Well I like the fact that Belynar as well as the surrounding area is left so void of details.  That way the GM is free to use imagination to fill in what's lacking.

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 09:30:45 AM »
A Belynar book once was at the 'Hot and New!' page. As an upcoming title.
So I think that there will be a book sometime. 
www.clubbulls.com

Stormhound

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 03:36:07 PM »
Almost seven months later, and no real word.  Do we have any idea when anything else for Cyradon is coming, aside from tidbits like the gazetteer, bazaar articles, and fan-made adventures?

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 12:04:08 PM »
I am also curious about more upcoming Cyradon products.
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 07:39:42 AM »
I am also curious about more upcoming Cyradon products.

Not just you Alwyn.
www.clubbulls.com

Offline SamwiseSeven

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Tim
    • Tim's RPG YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 09:34:54 PM »
I would love a Belynar book, or PDF  :)
https://www.youtube.com/samwise7rpg

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 09:21:57 AM »
I know they are busy working and it will come out. And until then I think there is enough to discover that is not important for the bigger scheme. I actually enjoyed not having a full description of Belnyar when we played our campaign there - it gave a good basis and left enough room for imagination.
I can, however, understand that some reading material would be great ... and I would prefer a real book to a PDF although the pdf might come in handy when the book has been read and the information is needed in gaming.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Stormhound

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 07:21:19 PM »
Given how far ahead the PDF is available of the printed book (does anyone have their Codex yet?  I don't), I'm glad they do both.  I prefer the book for those times when I'm not at my computer.  PDFs are great for cutting-and-pasting relevant info.

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Darkeen's Battlefield - still going strong.
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 06:40:13 PM »
Hello,

Any notice on a forthcoming Belynar book (or any Cyradon expansion book?)?

I think I read that no-one has taken up the challenge in recent times but is there the possibility of taking up the challenge again with other people or is Cyradon exclusively "someone's" world? I'd think that the creator would get to veto and adventure ideas submitted (as well as ICE people)...

What is the process for formalising submissions for Cyradon?
(If I cant buy something, Id like to start the ideas process running....)  ;D

--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer
Author of "The Ruins of Kausur"
http://roleplayingapps.wordpress.com

Offline highpriest_rsw2

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Electric six homepage
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 11:23:48 AM »
I would love a Belynar book, or PDF  :)

I'd pledge to buy the book but not the PDF.
I have no way to purchase things over the net except fot money order and you normally can't for PDFs.

I'd also be willing to purchase a book filled with short articles on Cyradon (sort of like a Harper's bazaar for Cyradon) if ICE would make the PDFs I'd later buy the hardcopy.

I dislike PDFs but I'd pay a little more for the old tree killer hardcopies.
Calling unprotected girls Infected girls do it better

Offline janpmueller

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 04:58:39 PM »
highpriest_rsw2, I understand you dislike PDFs and also see no way to purchase them anyway. Concerning the last, there is PayPal (paypal.com), which is okay. Unfortunately, these days they don't withdraw money as easy as they did (but instead you have to transfer it), but it's still a way.
I for one have a shop where they print and bind PDFs for little money, so a PDF is usually good with me (but I'm in europe, so shipping takes really long, making real books a whole lot less tempting).

Just in case you weren't aware of the option. Your dislike is untouched by PayPal, of course :)
"What's in the box?" - "Pain."

Offline lorenen

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • from the pits of T'is K'ali to the starclad sky..
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 12:41:09 PM »
As ICE told in one of the last official posts, here in italy there are writers working on two NEW modules for cyradon :D so you only have to wait for new stuff!! :D

Italian fanzine for the d100 rpg

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 01:13:33 PM »
As ICE told in one of the last official posts, here in italy there are writers working on two NEW modules for cyradon :D so you only have to wait for new stuff!! :D

Yes, I read it in the last newsletter - can't wait to see them  ;D
Do they have an official webpage? Would be great even in Italian.

Offline lorenen

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • from the pits of T'is K'ali to the starclad sky..
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 02:56:21 AM »
Yes, I read it in the last newsletter - can't wait to see them  ;D
Do they have an official webpage? Would be great even in Italian.

i'am not sure i understood you..
the italian publishers have an official page, and is: http://www.redglove.it/games.tsk

there isn't yet a webpage about the work in progress on the two modules  ;D

actually the site is under re-costruction  ;D so it will probably "be closed" soetimes during the next weeks.

OT: they sell a lot of stuff in german WoeRie!!

Italian fanzine for the d100 rpg

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 03:08:33 AM »
I see that the Italian RMFRP is nearly at the same stage as the german one. However I prefer the german Spell Law, which  combines of Essence, of Mentalism and of Channeling in a single book. On the other hand you already have the HARP base book in Italian.

I couldn't find anything german. Can you give me a hint where to find it? Maybe you can send me a PM to stop the OT.

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 07:38:04 AM »
Germany: http://sonnenfeste.de/
www.clubbulls.com

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 08:35:25 AM »

Yes, but Sonnenfeste has neither HARP nor Cyradon. At least not at the moment.

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 08:40:04 AM »

Yes, but Sonnenfeste has neither HARP nor Cyradon. At least not at the moment.

But I think Sonnenfest will be publishing the adventure "Elisera" also in english in the 1st quarter 2008.

Because "December 5th newsletters says:

Adventures

We have been blessed with very good licensees in Italy and Germany and they will be spotlighted in various ways early next year. Both of them will be providing ready to run Rolemaster and HARP adventures for translation into English and other languages. The first one from Germany is in translation already and will be released in the first quarter of 2008. Other adventures are also in process.

Cyradon

We have been talking for some time about making Cyradon a Rolemaster world as well as a HARP world and we will be doing that in 2008. In addition, we will be publishing some Cyradon products that will originate in Italy in 2008. The first book will be about Belynar and the second a substantial adventure book.
www.clubbulls.com

Offline janpmueller

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 06:15:04 AM »
from sonnenfeste.de
Elisera ist das erste Abenteuermodul f?r das deutsche Rolemaster. [...]
Elisera spielt im Norden Trions, der neuen Spielwelt, und entf?hrt die Spieler in eine Welt voller brutaler Orks, des eisigen Schnees und in die windigen H?hen des Ghalgratgebirges. [...] Das Abenteuer kann vollst?ndig ohne das Kampagnenset gespielt werden. Es ist so ausgelegt, dass das Geschehen ?berall angesiedelt werden kann: In Ihrer eigenen Welt oder jeden beliebigen existierenden Spielwelt.

Could be relevant... I'll translate:
Elisera is the first adventure for the German Rolemaster. [...]
Elisera is set in the north of Trion, the new setting, and takes players into a world full of brutal orcs, snow and ice and the stormy heights of the Ghalgrat mountains. [...] The adventure can be played independently of the campaign setting. It is built to be usable in your own world or any existing setting.

Well, that is slightly paradox, because you can't take snow, ice, and orcs into any setting, not to speak of the Ghalgrat mountains, but well... I suppose they know what they're saying.
So, there could be different system versions for the adventure. Wasn't there a post some time ago, asking wether we would like adventures with stats for RM and HARP, or rather 1 separate book for each system?

Jan
"What's in the box?" - "Pain."