Author Topic: Maryland/Towson Area Rolemaster GM Needed for TOP PAY Pen & Paper Table Top Game  (Read 4792 times)

Offline Little_Hercules

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Hello,

My group an I need a top notch Narrator/GM for an up coming Middle Earth type theme game.

The game would be on Saturday evenings and only once a month at my place near Towson Maryland area.

The person to take on this role on as Narrator, Story Teller, GM of the group would have to be very good at the RM game system and have a little insight of Middle Earth but thats not too essential as the movie trilogy has given most an in depth sight of Middle Earth and how it is. The person in question would be paid very generiously for their services and typically about 6 for a session!

This person would have to be open minded and versatile and able to keep the game moving. They would also have to be open to using 28mm miniatures and miniatures, terrain props such as buildings, hills, trees, etc., from the Dwarven Forge, Armorcast, Warhammer Lord of The Ring Miniatures lines, I have plenty of this if you do not! The GM would be responsible blowing maps to miniature scale for dungeon crawls like for example "Mount Gunabad" if the party were entering the stronghold, or a tomb  or burrial down, etc., it s pretty simple to do as you just take module in question to Kinkos and they have a huge printer that  can blow  things to 28mm minature scale as I do this when I GM but always GM and want to play LOL

Anyone interested in this role let me know here or at little_hercules123@yahoo.com

Thanks

Offline Little_Hercules

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
My apologies, the pay a 100 bucks a session typically from about 7:00 in the evening to 1:00 in the morning, basically where ever a good breaking point is, could be a little earlier or  little later!

Thanks

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
Most GM's do it for the love ... the fact that you mention money may actually put people off!

Offline Little_Hercules

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Most GM's do it for the love ... the fact that you mention money may actually put people off!

Well, unfortunately I hear you but our group has posted before several times even and no one is ever interested so the alterative was some insentive, what else is one to do?! LOL

Also though it might help out for people who are interested but the trek is  too far because of gas prices but atleast with this offering it would reach to people further away as it seeems we cannot get no one in this area and have been looking for years on and off ...

Offline mtpnj

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
At present we play in South Jersey but our gm lives in Las vegas.  I just pop open the lap top and we use a video camera with msn messenger and video chat so our gm can keep playing.  Works pretty good.  Minatures might be a bit of a problem with moving the camera so he could see bt it works for us.

Offline Little_Hercules

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
At present we play in South Jersey but our gm lives in Las vegas.  I just pop open the lap top and we use a video camera with msn messenger and video chat so our gm can keep playing.  Works pretty good.  Minatures might be a bit of a problem with moving the camera so he could see bt it works for us.

HMM, this is good or great idea but as you mentioned the mini aspect could cause an issue, but definately food for thought and thanks as the idea does have some possibility  as a worse case senario

Thanks
Rob

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
I know that this may probably have been discussed in your group and in fact even more likely is absolutely none of my business but why don't you rotate the role of the GM in your group? We did this when we started off our life as gamers. Each week another person from our round would prepare and GM an adventure. Some lasted two weeks and after a year or so of weekly gaming some even turned into small campaigns lasting even more Sundays.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline magritte@shaw.ca

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
We used to do same thing early in our gaming career, but at that time, it was all dungeon crawls and there wasn't really any campaign world.  When we started getting interested in serious world-building, we wanted characters to be restricted to one game world, partly for game balance (it was so annoying to have a PC arrive with an adventure-breaking magic item), but also so characters could build real life stories and have personal objectives beyond leveling up and gaining treasure and magic items.  Or maybe it was just that players gradually tended to become so grounded in a particular campaign, they didn't want to disrupt their character's life by bringing them into some extraneous adventure.

That said, I have been playing on an NWN2 persistent world where there are at least half a dozen players who also GMs in one coherent world.  So I can now say with confidence that it's not impossible to have a coherent campaign world with multiple GMs, but it does take quite a bit of cooperation and organization to make it work.  The GM/players have to be very careful to separate their own extensive knowledge of the game world from their character's knowledge, and handle potential conflicts of interest with care.  If you have a mature group of roleplayers, it can work, though.

Offline Little_Hercules

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I know that this may probably have been discussed in your group and in fact even more likely is absolutely none of my business but why don't you rotate the role of the GM in your group? We did this when we started off our life as gamers. Each week another person from our round would prepare and GM an adventure. Some lasted two weeks and after a year or so of weekly gaming some even turned into small campaigns lasting even more Sundays.

Opinions or comments are great so don't sweat it on the business thing !

Well, no one else wants that job (Narrator/GM) and then RM system is a bit difficult without repetition and consistancy. I myself have not ran a game or played in quite some time and now I am rusty, several in our group have never played the RM system but I wanted them to see how great the system is compared to the other stuff we play often like Rifts or Exalted, etc.

But we do rotate the Narrator spot from time to time on game systems we better with!

Offline rafmeister

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
     I had some interest, but weekends are bad for me for several reasons.

Offline Little_Hercules

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
     I had some interest, but weekends are bad for me for several reasons.

I know  :'( but as mentioned though most of the group can  only do Saturday evenings because unfortunately thats the only day we could agree as a group that could work for all currently in the group

Offline rafmeister

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
     I have some people willing to drive 50 miles north for a game. Do you have anyone willing to drive south to Alexandria? Carpooling would save on gas...

Offline dranthor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I was talking with him about this but it was just too far for me to drive to go to him.  I also suggested 1/2 way point.

Offline Little_Hercules

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I was talking with him about this but it was just too far for me to drive to go to him.  I also suggested 1/2 way point.

Also as mentioned unfortunately I have 2 players far north of me about and hour and half, to meet your mid point would make their drive 2 1/2 + hours, as mentioned though thanks :'(