Author Topic: Northern Ohio Rolemaster players....?  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Aruth Shadowheart

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Northern Ohio Rolemaster players....?
« on: January 05, 2010, 10:31:01 AM »
Sound off if you're in the Northern Ohio area

Offline admartin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Northern Ohio Rolemaster players....?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 01:42:42 PM »
I'm in Columbus, but could make the trip up for a game like every other weekend.  Let me know if you put anything together.
  Aaron

Offline Xyskalla

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 11:46:42 PM »
Judging from the response, northern Ohio seems like a lonely place for RM players. It wasn't always so. My first exposure to RM was from a group of air traffic controllers in Oberlin back in the early 90's.  I've really missed RM a lot since I had to move away, and want to start playing again, but I live in Virginia now.  Good luck.

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:01:38 AM »
I'm in Lakewood which is just west of Cleveland.  Unfortunately, I have to agree with Xysalla.  RM was sold pretty much everywhere through SS and then just vanished after that.  I never even saw FRP in the stores; haven't seen any stores that carry HARP either. 

Too be honest, I don't see a whole lot of rpg action of any type much anymore.  Hitting the game stores I see mostly miniatures (though moving away from the big GW style games and more to smaller press skirmish type games like Malifaux and Uncharted Seas) and board games (both Euro and Ameri style).

jolt
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein

Offline Xyskalla

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 10:34:49 AM »
I know where Lakewood is.  I grew up in Akron, but I've also lived in North Olmsted, Lorain, Elyria, Strongsville and Oberlin.

You're right that there isn't much rpg action any more, but it's still out there.  There's even a local store here in Virginia that sells Rolemaster and HARP products.  That has me hopeful, because it means there must still be enough people playing RM in the local area to make it profitable for them.  Now all I have to do is find them :)

Before I moved to Virginia, I was in a group that played mostly GURPS.  A few years ago, though, the craving for RM hit me pretty hard (I haven't played RM since that group in Oberlin in the early 90's), so I decided to try to turn them on to RM.  I printed out the pdf's and started brushing up on the rules again.  Unfortunately, I had to move to Virginia for my job before I had the chance to do it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:43:34 AM by Xyskalla »

Offline kingtycoon

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 06:56:30 PM »
Uh, well there's me and another guy- both in Cleveland Heights-  I know this is an old thread - but heck, this is my favorite game by a long way and for laughs me and my roommate have been making characters in RMSS - just got the idea to look for other players.

Offline Ares6609

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 05:42:03 PM »
I am in the Cleveland area.

Offline klhaviation

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 06:54:15 AM »
Im in olmsted twsp. West side.