Author Topic: Query on Oriental Companion Armor.  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Athelstaine

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Query on Oriental Companion Armor.
« on: November 26, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »
I have a question on some of the armor greaves in oriental companion pgs. 76 and 77.

Haidate : ....When used in conjunction with a jerkin, lower leg protection, and some form of of arm protection, the overall AT is increased by 1.
Kote: ....When worn in conjunction with upper arm and leg protection, they increase overall AT by 1.
Sode: ....When used with the Kote and leg protection, increases overall AT by 1.
Suneate: ....With arm protection and Haidate, increases AT by 1.

So my question is this. Do these AT bonuses stack with each other or not?
Example: Yoshi is wearing a Leather Jerkin (AT 5), Kote sleeves, Sode shoulder and Suneate leg protection. Is his total effective AT, AT9 or just AT 6 ? Thank you for any help. I just wanted to get these clear before i begin my campaign.

Also if they do stack will they affect the effective maneuver penalties. I.E.  Leather Jerkin AT 5 (Min: 0, Max: 0, Missile: 0 & Qu: 0). If he is wearing all four extra AT bonuses that would theoretically make him AT 9, would that give him all the associated penalties of AT 9 (Min: -5, Max: -50, Missile: 0 & Qu: 0) ?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 08:49:35 PM by Athelstaine »
May i serve in Valhalla, better than i did in life.

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
Re: Query on Oriental Companion Armor.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 09:47:35 PM »
This post is in the wrong place. Oriental Companion was RM2, not RMSS/FRP. Unfortunately, that's one I have, so I can't actually help you with the question. From what you quoted(?) sounds like you need the set to get just the +1 AT bonus, though.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Athelstaine

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 10:18:36 PM »
Actually i am using RMFRP ruleset as i am incorperating Martial Arts Companion as well.

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 12:29:47 AM »
Well, there's still no RMFRP content in your question. And any RM2 players/GMs with no interest in RMSS/FRP may not bother reading the RMSS/FRP subfora, so you may be missing out on some well-informed commentary.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 03:15:25 AM »
AT 5 cannot be modified with those addons; these are merely the japanese terms for "Greaves"

Greaves can only be applied to ATs 9, 13 and 17

The total modification will raise these by one. The bonuses are NOT cumulative

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 08:18:34 AM »
  I agree that you have to use more than one of the set to raise the AT by 1, and yes they are grieves and bracer's.
  Also I assume you know that the RM2 OC is not the RMSS MAC and that some of the material ports over to RMSS but most does need some mods to work with RMSS.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Athelstaine

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 08:37:45 AM »
  I agree that you have to use more than one of the set to raise the AT by 1, and yes they are grieves and bracer's.
  Also I assume you know that the RM2 OC is not the RMSS MAC and that some of the material ports over to RMSS but most does need some mods to work with RMSS.

MDC

Yes i was aware of that. I do have both books. I was just wanting to get the answer for the system it was written for, so i can progress from that point.

AT 5 cannot be modified with those addons; these are merely the japanese terms for "Greaves"

Greaves can only be applied to ATs 9, 13 and 17

The total modification will raise these by one. The bonuses are NOT cumulative

That was my first thought as i read that. I just wanted to have clarifications in case one of my players decide to get "Creative".

Thank you everyone for the help.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 01:47:08 PM »
  I agree that players can get creative and IMHO I try and be one when I play as well.

If I have to make a ruling I generally provide one for the game and reserve the right to change it later or make an official ruling by next game session, which hopefully gives me a week or so to think about it. This has the advantage of moving the game on and providing a week of email for players to argue their points. It is also better as things are not face to face as that can get less heated.

MDC

Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Athelstaine

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 02:23:09 PM »
Yep, that is a good approach. We recently had to black list a player from our group due to getting "heated" over every little thing.