Author Topic: Director's Briefing - 7th February 2013  (Read 2340 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - 7th February 2013
« on: February 07, 2013, 01:02:43 PM »
This is our nineteenth Briefing and is the second scheduled Briefing for 2013. It will be shorter than the last Briefing!

Channeling Companion and RMQs

We mentioned last time that we had some residual products that still needed rebranding. We were able to locate a good quality scanned pdf of Channeling Companion, which was made searchable and the content causing the IP issue surgically removed. Channeling Companion went on sale at the start of the month.

Colin, whom you’ll know as the marketing chief for Aurigas-ICE, found himself briefly at a loose end between marketing campaigns. I quickly volunteered him for some impromptu rebranding and he’s been toiling over the RM Quarterlies. He’s now got them right and the first two are already available with the rest to appear over the next few days.

Shadow World Player Guide

In print, temporarily out of print, in print again. As part of the preparations for making a standard color version of the Shadow World Player Guide available, we also updated the interior of the premium colour edition. Unfortunately the file got corrupted at some point in the process after it left my laptop and caused the existing premium file to be autowithdrawn by LightningSource – the same file has since made it through all the hoops again but I now need to wait on another proof copy coming my way before it can go back on sale. However, the standard color version has made it through the hoops and it looks great.

HARP SF Xtreme

As an aside, HARP SF Xtreme has been uploaded into the OneBookShelf to provide it in standard color hardcover and softcover formats. It will probably be several weeks though before it goes on sale in those formats.

Shadow World – Call for RMFRP Game Statistics

In last month’s Briefing, I indicated that we wanted to bring back some of the several older Shadow World sourcebooks as “early edition” versions ahead of the finalisation of RMU. That means we would like to release these products with RMClassic and RMSS/FRP stats. The Classic stats already exist; the RMSS/FRP stats need to be written.

For each of Emer I, Emer II, Haalkitaine, Eidolon, and Jaiman, I need the NPC stat blocks translated into RMSS/FRP and a sweep through the book to identify elements which need RMSS/FRP analogues (Perception maneuvers becoming Alertness and Observation, PP multipliers being toned down etc.) This will be paid-for work at a rate of 1 US cent per word for stats and a flat fee for the sweep, and it will be paid on acceptance, not on publication of the early editions, as I want this done sooner rather than later. If you are interested, please let me know as soon as possible with an email to director@guildcompanion.com

We will be making calls for writers of new Shadow World adventures soon. 

Until next time

RMU and HARP and Cyradon are all demanding my immediate attention so I will end this Briefing here and the next scheduled Director’s Briefing will be in March,

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Guild Companion Publications Ltd. 
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme