Author Topic: Necromancer  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
Necromancer
« on: February 12, 2013, 01:12:40 AM »
For my campaign I have created a level 7 Necromancer from RC2 (so fairly low level). Using his spells and assuming I have interpreted them correctly; I have given him 7 levels of controlled spirit bound undead. A level 4 Lesser Shadow and 3 level 1 Lesser Ghouls. This would be in addition to any animated corpses he might concentrate on to move.
I am assuming that as he went up levels he created other spirit bound undead which he no longer controls. Any ideas on what proportion of these spirits would have simply departed?
Also I was wondering should Necromancers get an immunity to the life level drains caused by the presence of undead near them? It could make things interesting if it takes awhile to give orders!
And when one dreams dark dreams dark days shall follow

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
Re: Necromancer
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:41:25 AM »
If the spirits want to be in a body and walking around, they will stay. If the necromancer took unwilling spirits; they would certainly depart. So it is world dependent: high proportion of evil people: high proportion of undead staying. Also the type of afterlife might be important. As with the Greeks; everyone goes to Hades: a very dull place; so there you might have a high proportion of willing spirits. If you are dealing with a Christian type afterlife; the bad people will want to stay alive, clinging to every thread and body, while the good people, who get cloud sitting and singing psalms, would prefer to go there and will depart immediately.

As for the life draining; The Necromancer must simply order his undead to stay out of a certain radius and not to touch him. Those released, however, may try to get revenge. For a spell that might be appropriate: check RMU spell law: Necromancy Mastery
Game On!