Author Topic: Wish List of Shadow World Products  (Read 2945 times)

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Wish List of Shadow World Products
« on: May 07, 2014, 03:17:00 PM »
Hello all. Longtime fan of the setting. New to the website.
I'm not going to mention the things that I already know are going to happen (Emer I, II & IV, Eidolon, Haalkitaine, etc.) but there are a few things I would love to see happen (I'm sure I'm not alone in this department):

A completely revised (and definitive) FIFTH edition of the Western Hemisphere Master Atlas is long overdue. This edition would have the RM2 and RMSS stats, plus would compile all the material from all the previous editions (including Folenn:)) that, for whatever reasons, were omitted in later editions (e.g. The First Edition and Addendum has material that was omitted for the Second Edition; the Second Edition has material that was omitted for the Third Edition; the printed Fourth Edition has entire sections missing that were in the Third Edition, plus a new section on the Bay of Izar; etc.) Also timeline updates and perhaps a Glossary of Terms, etc. I don't care if it is 500 pages (I'm sure the fans don't either). This really needs to be done.

A Third Edition of The Iron Wind. We got Cloudlords (Thank you, btw!)... why not this one?

Artifacts and Lost Technology. There was mention of this in the past but since it has all but disappeared.

The GM's Guide. There was mention of this when the Player's Guide came out. Not much since.

There are, of course, the other continents to expand upon as well. I wouldn't mind Thuul being the next major continent to explore in a sourcebook.

Do you have something you want to add to this list?

Thanks to Mr. Amthor for all his hard work!

--Destyar

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Re: Wish List of Shadow World Products
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »
I think a Master Atlas should probably wait until RMU is released. Otherwise, yes.

And more details on the Alliance, as they're encroaching on Emer.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »
Destyr,
 Welcome to the ICE Forums.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 04:24:52 PM »
Indeed, welcome Destyar!

I look forward to seeing what others have to comment on/add to a wish list.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline BeggarKing (Thomas)

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +40/-40
    • Wandering Monster Studios
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »
I'd love to see a reprint of Jaiman (Land of Twilight) and/or a re-imagining or update (what happens next) to the whole Legacy of the Sea Drake campaign.
Adventurer walks into a bar with Flint and Steel. Bartender says, "Don't start anything."

Offline Valkrist

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 03:04:09 AM »
Terry, you can put me down for a hypothetical copy of everything Destyar posted as part of his wish list.

Realistically speaking, are any of those works within the realm of future possibility? Even if they don't get published, I just want to know if there's even a remote chance they might. ;)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »
A completely revised FIFTH edition of the Master Atlas: Indeed maybe this should wait for RMU.

A Third Edition of The Iron Wind: I have a rough copy of the text, but the layouts all need to be scanned, and new art done. I also admit being ambivalent about writing any new material for a new 'present day' edition.

Artifacts and Lost Technology: I'd still like to do this ('complete' Coral Road and Subshuttle maps, etc), though it would duplicate some previously published materials.

The GM's Guide: This is pretty much in Nicholas' and Matt's hands, like the Player Guide. I'd like to see it too. There was some debate as to whether a GM GUide and the Atlas were redundant, or if we should do GM Guides for each continent. Discuss!

New Continents: Thuul would definitely be my first choice as well. It's actually larger in surface area than Emer, and breaks up nicely into N/S/E/W parts. Or should there be one 'Thuul Atlas' overview and then more specific local modules rather than the massive Emer I–IV? Discuss some more!  ;)

Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 01:19:31 PM »
A Third Edition of The Iron Wind: I have a rough copy of the text, but the layouts all need to be scanned, and new art done. I also admit being ambivalent about writing any new material for a new 'present day' edition.

Others may be willing to help with the scanning, as with Spacemaster. I think this would be a good module to bring up to date.

Artifacts and Lost Technology: I'd still like to do this ('complete' Coral Road and Subshuttle maps, etc), though it would duplicate some previously published materials.

Some of the previous material is only available in out-of-print stuff though, so it's hard for new people to get.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Telwyn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 01:22:10 PM »
I have loved the detailed treatment given to Emer thusfar and would welcome a similar treatment to Thuul as a new area to explore (especially for my ideas for a colonisation/"new world" type campaign).

I'd like to take players to see the Pillar of the Gods   ;)

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/galleries/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=1429&pid=44928

Offline Kosh

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 07:50:47 PM »
I want the Haalkitaine and the Imperial Court of Rhakhaan reprinted oh so badly.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 04:56:22 AM »
I personaly think Jaiman is the best continent in the SW setting.
Its not to big to travel for a longer campaign and you can get the feeling of home since its not huge like Emer.
So a detailed Jaiman book, with all the countries, states etc. Like the ME books.
That would just be top dollar bling :)
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline Arc

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Wish List of Shadow World Products
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 09:52:38 PM »
Terry, re Thuul:
I would prefer more detailed books covering specific areas of the continent, rather than one sourcebook for the entire continent. As you said, the area to be covered is huge and I don't think a sourcebook covering the whole continent will not do it justice (a little like the old Jaiman module). Also the master atlas already provides a outline of sorts. Just my 2c...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 10:03:42 PM »
Arc, welcome to the ICE Forums.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 02:13:49 AM »
A completely revised FIFTH edition of the Master Atlas: Indeed maybe this should wait for RMU.

It definitely needs to wait for RMU.

While Iron Wind could use a refresh ( and if you need scanning you know that some of us can do it ), I'd prefer to see books on new things like Artifacts or Thuul below.

I'd really like to see it done, it would probably become a must have in short order.

The GM's Guide: This is pretty much in Nicholas' and Matt's hands, like the Player Guide. I'd like to see it too. There was some debate as to whether a GM GUide and the Atlas were redundant, or if we should do GM Guides for each continent. Discuss!

It depends on what you put in it... The Player Guide Idea more or less started as a compilation of the files we ( SW GMs ) all made that were : All the things you need to know about Shadow World as a Player. You can't really do that with a GM Guide... GM have a need to know everything... Except that knowing everything means that the world become static and locked. I agree that the Atlas and a GM Guide would contains a lot of duplicate content ( from The Timeline to the Setting Description to Peoples and Organizations... ), unless you split the things : the Atlas describes the Land and who lives where, and the GM Guide contains all the setting information not tied to the Land.
( à abit à la MERP Books : XXX The Land, XXX The People )

New Continents: Thuul would definitely be my first choice as well. It's actually larger in surface area than Emer, and breaks up nicely into N/S/E/W parts. Or should there be one 'Thuul Atlas' overview and then more specific local modules rather than the massive Emer I–IV? Discuss some more!  ;)

You forgot the Central Islands with the Pillar of the Gods  ::) Make that 5 Atlases as there's probably a lot of things to say about that central archipelago.
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...