Author Topic: Dark Space  (Read 3792 times)

Offline broodhunter

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Dark Space
« on: February 06, 2015, 05:37:45 AM »
Does anyone have any idea where the Darkspace worlds lie in the spacemaster universe?

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Dark Space
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 11:09:21 AM »
I'm not sure if they were ever placed in it: I always saw them as existing in an alternate dimension kind of thingy. But I could be wrong.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 12:51:15 AM »
broodhunter,
 I saw your post in another section but do not remember where, where you asked "Can Darkspace be reintegrated into the new SMU?"
   The answer in the past and I think for the future is, no. Why? Well the author has IIRC taken the info and published it in a new form with another system. But you can always hope for the best. :)
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 02:23:50 AM »
Quoting from page 156 of Dark Space :
....the starship is from House Xapotec-Yunnan an imperial huse who's home system coordinates are 74x,-71y, -87z. [...] as the Dark Nebula exists on the frontier, just outside of Xapotec-Yunnan space.
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 02:06:03 PM »
broodhunter,
 I saw your post in another section but do not remember where, where you asked "Can Darkspace be reintegrated into the new SMU?"
   The answer in the past and I think for the future is, no. Why? Well the author has IIRC taken the info and published it in a new form with another system. But you can always hope for the best. :)
MDC
Many years ago I contacted the original author and asked if it was ok to do a conversion of Darkspace for HARP. This would have been primarily for the softech (biotech) and such things. He was good with it. I gave up on the idea due to other constraints and lack of enthusiasm on my part.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 06:23:59 AM »
isnt DarkSpace from Monte Cook, which some got reused in his Ptolus Setting (Malhavoc/Banewarrens/Chaositech) ?
I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 06:23:48 PM »
isnt DarkSpace from Monte Cook, which some got reused in his Ptolus Setting (Malhavoc/Banewarrens/Chaositech) ?

Yes and maybe (haven't read much Ptolus). :)
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **