Author Topic: Cheat Sheets for space combat in Harp Sci-Fi  (Read 2305 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Cheat Sheets for space combat in Harp Sci-Fi
« on: February 13, 2015, 02:37:30 PM »
Hey guys,

One of my players is between jobs at the moment and filling his free time creating game aids and spreadsheets.  One of the things he has created is a cheat sheet for Harp Sci-Fi space combat.  It includes all the options each crew station has (pilot, engineer, Comms, and Gunners) plus a bit added for psi characters who want to beef their ships defense by by blowing enough PP to cover a vehicle with a shield power.  Included with these options are the modifiers for the various actions, plus a chart for the information gained from the sensor check, and hit location table. It fits on a single double sided sheet of paper and is very useful.

Now my question is if this is something that is acceptable to add to the Vault or not.  It has a lot of modifiers from the rules, but in a quickly summarized form.  If it is I would gladly post this for him.

It is very useful for me as a GM to keep track of a lot of rules that don't necessarily get used very often, but is really intended to help the players know what their options are for each role.

What do you guys think?

He has also created a very complicated and useful spreadsheet specific to my Bughunters 2155 game.  It has really helped out some of my players with all the modifiers, but is pretty complicated to get your head around at first.

Thanks,
-Pyrotech

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Cheat Sheets for space combat in Harp Sci-Fi
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 12:41:58 AM »
 You should contact Thom and/or Colin about the sheet as they will have to rule on if it can be approved to be posted to the Vault or not. For the program I think the same goes but it might be more of an idea for the company to see if it can be put up for sale even if it is just for a small sum.
 I would bet that like most people out there I love free game aids that help me out but I also understand that things cannot be free, unless you absorb the cost in some other way. ie more rule books sold or free rule book then free computer program ok. If there is no monetary stream to support such things then the company has to get some $ to help pay their authors and artists.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 07:07:36 PM »
Definitely post it to the Vault. We'll review it and advise of approval.  My expectation is that it will be approved without issue.

Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 01:27:37 AM »
Also I forgot to mention you get OIC points if your stuff gets the ok for the Vault and the ok from Thom.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 04:08:47 PM »
Well I've edited the document my player created a little and printed it to pdf.  I've also submitted it to the vault awaiting approval.  Hopefully it will be acceptable.

Regards,
-Pyrotech

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 09:10:16 PM »
Good Luck. ;D
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 09:53:56 PM »
File was approved....
Thanks!
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com