Author Topic: ICE Book club - The Dog Stars  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ICE Book club - The Dog Stars
« on: April 06, 2015, 01:23:12 PM »
Hi Everyone!

As part of our new series of reviews on the ICE blog (see the first review here: www.ironcrown.com/blog/2015/03/17/what-i-thought-of-gloom ) this month I was going to review 'The Dog Stars' by Peter Heller. As I started however I thought it would be much more fun if I gave the forum members and fans the chance to read the book and give me their opinions so that they too could be included in the review.

So here is the first (hopefully of many) ICE book club threads. This month we will be reading 'The Dog Stars' by Peter Heller. I will be writing my review and posting it on 15th May so you have just over a month to read it and give me your thoughts and your review. Feel free to post on this thread and discuss with others what you thought.

***SPOILER ALERT***

The rest of this thread will include spoilers of the book. If you haven't read it yet, do not read on.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ICE Book club - The Dog Stars
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »
Great Idea, I think book articles would be a great addition a blog or TheGuildCompanion.com articles.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ICE Book club - The Dog Stars
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 11:51:11 PM »
My review of 'The Dog Stars' by Peter Heller is now on the ICE blog and can be found here.

If you have any questions or want to let me know what you thought of the book, feel free.