Author Topic: Director's Briefing - August 2020  (Read 1972 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - August 2020
« on: August 11, 2020, 02:48:20 AM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-tenth Briefing and eighth Briefing of 2020. We sincerely hope that you and yours are still staying safe and managing as best you can in these trying circumstances.

Gen Con Online

At a traditional convention such as Dragonmeet, we arrive in force and set up the stall and then stand by our stall, chatting to fans as they circulate through the hall. At Gen Con Online, we set up a Discord server and we had a number of conversations with fans. Three volunteer GMs (David, Rick, and Steve) ran five successful games, with support from the RMU team, Nick Morawitz, and Dakadin.

Virtually Expo

We will be drawing upon the lessons of Gen Con Online for Virtually Expo (the virtual version of UK Games Expo). Virtually Expo is being held 21, 22 and 23 August and we will be doing Q&A sessions and supporting online gaming.

Discord for ICE

One outcome of our online convention running is that we will be creating an official permanent Discord server which Colin will be arranging soon.

HARP and Cyradon

HARP Subterfuge is with Terry for his layout magic and is promising to send a draft version of the pdf shortly. Hopefully we should have a September release (or possibly sooner!). All of the artwork for HARP Bestiary including the cover is now complete and it will be heading into Terry’s capable hands. Colin is close to completion on his edits to the Cyradon setting base book. He has also started on working out the artwork for HARP Beyond the Veil.

Shadow World

Terry is still working on his next adventure and Emer IV. Some artwork has already arrived for Emer IV.

Rolemaster

We will be removing the beta playtest forums from visibility as we have now moved beyond the playtest phase of RMU. A very big thank you to everyone who has participated in the playtest forums - your playtesting and your input has been greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Dale has already completed the requested changes to Arms & Character Law so I will be double-checking his new extended examples. Meanwhile I am already well underway with the editing pass of the Spell Law manuscript.

Until next time

Please stay safe.
Best wishes,
Nicholas
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Tempestari

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - August 2020
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 11:51:12 AM »
Thank you for all the information. Have you ever think about the possibility to do a kickstarter when RMU is ready to go?

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 12:28:32 AM »
I'm just here to say the next one should be the one hundred and eleventieth briefing.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 12:35:00 AM »
Actually I think the quote is "eleventy one".  :)

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 05:01:04 AM »
Wouldn't that make it eleventy first?
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 01:28:22 AM »
"Also my good Sackville-Bagginses that I welcome back at last to Bag End. Today is my one hundred and eleventh birthday: I am eleventy-one today!"

So, it will be the one hundred and eleventh briefing.  Although, the briefly will be eleventy-one.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss